2003 AEAT exam

Temas relacionados con el examen de inglés
Cerrado
jonfri
Usuario registrado
Agradecimiento recibido: 0

2003 AEAT exam

Mensaje por jonfri »

Does anybody know what was the available time for doing that exam?

I've tried to do it in 30 minutes, but was impossible, even writing with a horrible letter. I think it's a bit longer than usual, one page and a quarter...

Cheers

E.Garcia
PreparaTIC XVII

Mensaje por E.Garcia »

Usually, if you manage to translate around 500 words in 30 minutes is more than enough to pass the exam.

agustin_pitufo
PreparaTIC XVIII

Mensaje por agustin_pitufo »

E.Garcia escribió:Usually, if you manage to translate around 500 words in 30 minutes is more than enough to pass the exam.
Just one question. When you are reading your translation and reach the last translated word, will they stop you or you have to say: "I couldn't finish" or something similar.

Thanks

jonfri
Usuario registrado

Mensaje por jonfri »

500 words in half an hour is a lot for writing nice.
Do you think it's really important to write clearly and without crossing out a lot? The damm order of adjetives and stuff is sometimes a surprise when you've already written part of the sentence...

I hope not because, in fact, you are going to read it later and they now time is almost the most important issue in this exercise.

E.Garcia
PreparaTIC XVII

Mensaje por E.Garcia »

agustin_pitufo escribió:
E.Garcia escribió:Usually, if you manage to translate around 500 words in 30 minutes is more than enough to pass the exam.
Just one question. When you are reading your translation and reach the last translated word, will they stop you or you have to say: "I couldn't finish" or something similar.

Thanks
As you like, as Shakespeare said. Some guys choose one option, and some guys choose the other.

E.Garcia
PreparaTIC XVII

Mensaje por E.Garcia »

jonfri escribió:500 words in half an hour is a lot for writing nice.
Do you think it's really important to write clearly and without crossing out a lot? The damm order of adjetives and stuff is sometimes a surprise when you've already written part of the sentence...

I hope not because, in fact, you are going to read it later and they now time is almost the most important issue in this exercise.
The only thing important related to your writing is to do it enough clear to understand it. I don´t think they pay any atention to it, apart of watching you are not reading something completely different to the stuff you have written before.

Josen
Usuario registrado

Mensaje por Josen »

It's almost impossible to translate the whole text. They usually give you a text big enough to make sure that you will be writing the 30 minutes. It doesn't matter if you don't finish it. Just make sure that what you write is correct.

tic tac
PreparaTIC XVII

Mensaje por tic tac »

and try to translate properly the technical words that some engineers (and I) use to say in English even when we talk in Spanish! that s quite time consuming, as you think of them in English normally... (examples like router, switch, bridge, hub...)

piotry
Usuario registrado

Mensaje por piotry »

Has anybody the ability both to translate around 500 words in 30 minutes and to write well those 500 words?

I only have managed to translate around 400 - 420 so far.
:(

tic tac
PreparaTIC XVII

Mensaje por tic tac »

there are monsters around every corner, I am afraid!

but take it easy, because as E.Garcia said, you do not have to translate it all, till the final dot, to pass the second exam, and you do not need to write with your best handwriting, just with a handwriting that let you read it aloud and which does not make the Board hesitate too much whether you are improvising...

Good luck!

Cerrado

Volver a “SEGUNDO EXAMEN 2008”