free translation or "literal" translation

Temas relacionados con el examen de inglés
manuelpies
Usuario registrado
Agradecimiento recibido: 0

free translation or "literal" translation

Mensaje por manuelpies »

Probably I dont pass the first exam, but if I pass it I need the time to prepare the English exam.
I want to know if the translation must be very precise or you can translate the meaning of the sentences with your own words.
Thank you very much.

danii
Usuario registrado

Mensaje por danii »

im afraid it is the literal one.

amurillodiaz
Usuario registrado

Mensaje por amurillodiaz »

Not free but kind of. You can´t translate each word, it isn´t nice. What you have to do is reading each whole sentece, from point to point, and then translate it, but thinking in spanish, the way you whould say the same.

In any case, if you try word by word then you will never finish translating the whole text.

danii
Usuario registrado

Mensaje por danii »

My taylor is rich and my mother is on the kitchen. :)

Anyway i thnk it´s impossible to translate the whole text. Not enough time, isn´t it?

amurillodiaz
Usuario registrado

Quite a few get the goal, but not all of them with the quality required. If I had to choose between length and quality I would prefer the last one. I have passed (two times) the exam without finishing the text but with a tolerable quality and last year I could´t because a bad traslation, even having almost reached the end of text. I was´t able to lift this heavy weight with a good conversation.

laurilop
Usuario registrado

Mensaje por laurilop »

ni " literal " text ni "free text"
aqui "la que te de tiempo" text. o "la que buenamente puedas en 30 min" text .
el año pasado fue corta pero si miras las anteriores o haces "jao indio" text o no llegas al final

amurillodiaz
Usuario registrado

Last year it was short but with very bad "milk" that is worst.

amurillodiaz
Usuario registrado

Now, "cachonding" apart, I propose to a few of you, with a rasonable good level of english that we create a group to practise real exam, with difficult translations and chronometer at hand, perhaps one or twice a week during this summer. I can assure to you it is of the greatest importance, to recreate a real situation, being in front o a whole page of english text, not known before, and only 30 minutes to understand and begin to write.

Later, perhaps in september, it would be necessary to find an english native teacher, in order to practise conversation. In the meantime we can practise conversation without a teacher.

I´m going to open a new thred in a couple of days (when the situation of results of the first exam became settled) to create this group.

ebnz
Usuario registrado

Mensaje por ebnz »

Please, may you explain why are you all writting in english, if the test is supposed to be a translation from english to spanish??? :lol:

best regards

amurillodiaz
Usuario registrado

It´s a way of practising and "turning on the chip" in order of thinking in english and anyway it´s for fun too, isn´t it?.

ebnz
Usuario registrado

Mensaje por ebnz »

I had realized, it was just because I had nothing to write and I wanted to practice also :roll:, though I'm afraid I'm out the process :cry:

amurillodiaz
Usuario registrado

How many net points have you got?. If you are in de average range don´t loose your faith and continue your work with the english. It would be a desaster if you finally passed the first exam and had no time to prepare the second one properly. Don´t you think so?.

ebnz
Usuario registrado

Mensaje por ebnz »

42 net answers. My hope is in the allegations :roll:

It seems the cutoff will be around 50

amurillodiaz
Usuario registrado

It´s difficult to say now. Last year the exam was easier and the edge line can´t be too different. The question is how many the board intend to allow reaching the second exam.

elaveriao
Usuario registrado

Mensaje por elaveriao »

I don't think the cut will be at 50. Don't think the poll is representative. My bet is that the cut will be near 45. But in any case, if I were over 40, I wouldn't throw in the towel.

Cerrado

Volver a “SEGUNDO EXAMEN 2009”