free translation or "literal" translation

Temas relacionados con el examen de inglés
red_bit
PreparaTIC XXII
Agradecimiento recibido: 0

Mensaje por red_bit »

Hello you all!!!
here we go with the second proof to become a 'TIC'.

In my particular opinion, the first exam have been a bit tricky, i am afraid we are not still counscious of the size of our enemy ('the Tribunal'), wich will show entirely its real face in the fourth exam.

manuelpies
Usuario registrado

Mensaje por manuelpies »

Thank you for your answers. I have another question, what hapen with the unknown words?Must I put a blank space in the translation?if it is an adjetive, Can I ignore it? Must I try to get the meaning from the context, with the risk of a mistake?

red_bit
PreparaTIC XXII

Mensaje por red_bit »

Try to walk around the unknown word, in a way that nobody feel there's a gap in the translation. In such situation i would use any literary (and of course in English) trick, to override even the whole paragraph if needed, but always keeping the original meaning and subject of the text.

amurillodiaz
Usuario registrado

Mensaje por amurillodiaz »

The problem is that there isn´t time enough to give a particular treatment to each word. The way I think best is reading a whole sentence and then, without an exact translation, but just try saiyng the same the way it is said in spanish. The problem is that there are certain key words in a sentence that is difficult to avoid. Last year, just in the first sentence was the word "harnessing". The sentence was "Lately Governments try harnessing their privileged position..." or something like this. I think it was the reason that made me mad, triyng to translate this sentence. If I had read the whole paragraph I had understood the meaning of all the matter, but iI remained fixed in the sentence. And in only 30 minutes you haven´t time enough to react. Calm is the best way to begin the exam, without be in a hurry, not intending to reach the end of the document, but just as far as you can with a coherent translation.

danii
Usuario registrado

Mensaje por danii »

Harnessing? WTF!!! :)

Cerrado

Volver a “SEGUNDO EXAMEN 2009”