The time is gone

Temas relacionados con el examen de inglés
Cerrado
manuelpies
Usuario registrado
Agradecimiento recibido: 0

The time is gone

Mensaje por manuelpies »

I needed 40 minutes for translating the 2007 exam. I read before no end the translation is usual, but how much is usual to translate? Maybe the 70% is enough if you do it without mistakes?
I can write faster reducing the quality of my calligraphy (I´m thinking calligraphy isn´t the right word, but I don´t remember the right word now), where is the limit? Could the board tell me something if is very difficult understand what I wrote
Thank you for your answers.

Emi
Usuario registrado

Re: The time is gone

Mensaje por Emi »

manuelpies escribió:Could the board tell me something if is very difficult understand what I wrote

You are going to read it, and it's very embarrassing to stop and say "Sorry, I can't understand what I wrote here". So, write quickly but "readable".

amurillodiaz
Usuario registrado

Mensaje por amurillodiaz »

There´s only one copy of your exam (the carbon copy) that is followed by . I have observed a few (not many) exams. While the secretary of the board is reading (the only one copy) and marking some things on it the other are looking at you and taking same notes. I´ve never seeing or hearing of a comentary of the kind, but it´s possible. Usually the text of the exam is quickly found in internet (Google) and the translation too. But anyway you can translate it at home and prevent a failure of understanding your own writing, because you can know what there would be in each paragraph.

Santiago
PreparaTIC XVIII

Mensaje por Santiago »

manuelpies escribió:I needed 40 minutes for translating the 2007 exam. I read before no end the translation is usual, but how much is usual to translate? Maybe the 70% is enough if you do it without mistakes?
The 2007 exam was longer than any other year, so don't take it on account. The usual exam is shorter, more or less 500 words and I think you should be able to finish the translation. It's not completely required for passing the exam, but it's better than not finishing it.

Regards,
Santiago

Emiliano
Usuario registrado

Mensaje por Emiliano »

manuelpies escribió:I needed 40 minutes for translating the 2007 exam. I read before no end the translation is usual, but how much is usual to translate? Maybe the 70% is enough if you do it without mistakes?
I can write faster reducing the quality of my calligraphy (I´m thinking calligraphy isn´t the right word, but I don´t remember the right word now), where is the limit? Could the board tell me something if is very difficult understand what I wrote
If you accept my advice, you have to improve your writting so much. I think you omit so many necessary words in English, like if you were writing in Spanish.

You have to write "I read before not to end the translation is usual", "how much time does it take in translation?" or "Could the board tell me something about if it is very difficult to understand what I wrote?"

I think my sentences are better than yours, but our partners will decide it :D

Good luck.

Emiliano
Usuario registrado

Mensaje por Emiliano »

One question for our partners... if you don't know the meaning of a word, you have to try to find a similar word in English or you can leave a blank? And if it's impossible to find a similar word?

nachohr
Usuario registrado

Mensaje por nachohr »

Disculpad que conteste en castellano.

Emiliano, supongo que no te has enterado de que no se trata de escribir en ingles sino de traducir al castellano un texto en ingles.

En fin ..., aunque evidentemente la conversacion en ingles debe ser lo mas correcta posible.

Emiliano
Usuario registrado

Mensaje por Emiliano »

nachohr escribió:Disculpad que conteste en castellano.

Emiliano, supongo que no te has enterado de que no se trata de escribir en ingles sino de traducir al castellano un texto en ingles.

En fin ..., aunque evidentemente la conversacion en ingles debe ser lo mas correcta posible.
Uhmmmm, pensaba que era al revés. Traducir un texto del castellano al inglés. En cualquier caso, la situación que yo comento también puede darse.

Saludos.

primolarry
PreparaTIC XIX

Mensaje por primolarry »

It also happens to me. In 30' I can translate about 470-480 word, writting really fast and delivering a weird translation. As I don't have the time to read full paragraphs and then translate, I translate one sentence at a time, and the result often seems performed by google translator.

Is it a big deal if I don't finish the text?Would it be acceptable if my conversation with the teacher goes OK?

Thanks, regards

LocoMalkav
Usuario registrado

Mensaje por LocoMalkav »

What is more important: the oral exam or the written exam?

Regards.

Fenix
PreparaTIC XIX

Mensaje por Fenix »

LocoMalkav escribió:What is more important: the oral exam or the written exam?
Good question...without an answer. You may think that are 50/50 but you never know...
primolarry escribió:It also happens to me. In 30' I can translate about 470-480 word, writting really fast and delivering a weird translation. As I don't have the time to read full paragraphs and then translate, I translate one sentence at a time, and the result often seems performed by google translator.
Everyone has to do the translation that way, otherwise is impossible to finish it on time.
primolarry escribió: Is it a big deal if I don't finish the text?Would it be acceptable if my conversation with the teacher goes OK?
It's not really a big deal. Of course it's better if you are able to finish it but it's not compulsory and a lot of people pass this exam without doing it.

Anyway, it's important to remember this is a competitive exam and at least 10% of the people have to fail...so it's not easy to say what you will need to succeed.
Where there is a will, there is a way

Cerrado

Volver a “SEGUNDO EXAMEN 2009”